So we’ve got three different engineering firms working on our house- yikes! In order for the original engineer we hired to draw up accurate plans that the county will approve, he needed to get a topographical survey and a soils report done. Hence, two more engineering firms are now involved. All that said though, things are supposed to be wrapping up soon. The soils guys are coming out Tuesday to drill and get samples of our dirt and they should have the report done hopefully within a week of that. The topo guys are ready to go too, but haven’t given us an exact date of when they’ll finish- hopefully soon though!
In the meantime though…..
While Jacob and I are caught up in this whole red tag business, we’ve gotten the opportunity to finish up projects we started and then abandoned- just like the wood stove area! Last weekend, we started back on the laundry room. And man-oh-man I’ve been wanting to take care of this room for a long time.
Last weekend, Jacob tackled the flooring in the laundry while I painted doors.
It’s not done yet- we still need to do baseboards, door trim, finish the floor, and build the shelving unit where we will have laundry storage. But with (most of) the floor down, the washer, dryer, and sink hooked up AND the window trim in, it is looking way better.