When we bought our house, Jacob and I concluded that out of all of the rooms in our house, the one that needed the LEAST work was our downstairs guest bathroom.
Here’s what it looked like when we bought the house:
Well, we figured out pretty quickly that appearances can be very deceiving. Our downstairs bathroom had a problem- a BIG one.
From the photo above I’m sure you guessed- there was a leak. Actually, there were leaks everywhere, the biggest two being the skylight and the bathtub. Both resulted in a lot of funky stuff, but we were very lucky that the bones didn’t have any damage at all. The original part of the house (where the bathroom is) was built using old growth redwood- this stuff didn’t look like it had spent years getting and staying wet- so awesome! Finally, some good news when we open up a wall!
Demo went pretty fast and not too many surprises- yipee!
After demo comes insulation and drywall… and that’s what we just finished this weekend. Post to come shortly 🙂