The office is finally (mostly) done! Jacob painted everything (the walls, the ceiling, the stairwell) and then a little over a month ago we tackled the flooring.
Wait.. over a MONTH ago? Why didn’t I immediately write up a blog out of sheer joy of accomplishing this? I wrote up this post almost three weeks ago… but apparently forgot to publish it! So here it is.
Now for laying in the hardwood
So why is it not totally done? Here’s a To-Do List we still need to complete:
- trim out the doors
- trim out the windows (however, this won’t happen for a very long time- not until we reside and replace the windows)
- finish the bench bookshelf
- finish the bench seating
- make the custom bench cushions
- build bookshelf in corner of half-wall near stairs
- and finally, furnish the darn room
While the list looks long, it’s nothing we can’t handle and we will hopefully finish everything (except the window part) in the next month. Either way, the bulk of the work is done and we are so happy to be done with the hard stuff.