…have been happening here at the Lopez household! Among end-of-school-year-madness, refinancing, demo-ing, building, and living in general, the biggest thing by far is the fact that Jacob and I are expecting our first baby!
So, I apologize for the length in time between posts- but I cannot guarantee my timing will get any better as I head into my 3rd trimester and after that A BABY! I will do my best.
There’s a whole bunch that’s been happening at our house. Here’s a little recap:
- WE GOT HEAT!!!!!!!!!! We now have central heat/air in our house, meaning baby Lopez and I will not have to spend all winter stoking a fire! Which then led us to…
- remove our downstairs wood stove (and I demo-ed the rest of it out, opening up our living room)
- Jacob built a new storage closet for our water heater (with the help from his dad, who provided electrical services, help, and advice)- just a few feet from its original location, but placed so that the heated water goes straight to our bathroom… meaning I have successfully taken a hot bath in our fabulous, previously neglected, bath soaker tub. Pretty much the best thing ever.
- Jacob, my dad, and I (me barely helping- my growing belly makes helping by lifting things very difficult for me…), so pretty much my dad and Jacob residing the back of our house.
- we refinanced (giving us a small sum of money to help us pay a contractor to redo our siding and the framing of a deck… all being started mid-July- SO EXCITING!)
(no pictures yet… start date is Jul 18, so more info/picture to follow)
We’ve been busy. But it’s been great. Especially knowing that soon our little girl is going to be here to enjoy it all with us 🙂